Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Whole 30 Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes

Don't you just love vacations? All the relaxing by the pool, good food, no gym or email or meeting. Yes, vacations are lovely, until you have to come home from them.

We just returned from Disney World. It was silly, hot, exhausting fun. We ate corn-dogs, ice cream and bread among other non-primal things. It was fun to let loose for a week. I also knew that Monday would probably be pretty rough since we decided to start a Whole 30 to restart our primal systems and we would be heading back to Crossfit after being gone for a week and a half.

Well Monday did not disappoint, let me tell you. After a seriously disappointing gym session (disappointment in my performance not the workout) and some carb flu symptoms, I really wanted something sweet. I realize that the point of a Whole 30 is to minimize carbs, which is why I kept my individual serving small. Just a few bites and then the rest went into the fridge for later.

Whole 30 Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes

-2 sweet potatoes, cubed (I used garnet yams but use any sweet potato you have available)
-2 to 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
-1 tbsp cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with foil. Put the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with coconut oil. Toss the potatoes with your hands to coat them with the oil. Sprinkle the oiled potatoes with cinnamon and toss again. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, then enjoy.

These could probably be baked at 400 degrees for less time but I put them in before I started dinner so that they would be ready at the same time everything else was.

No comments:

Post a Comment